One of my favourite things to do in the kitchen has always been baking, especially sweet baking that varied from cakes to cupcakes and so on. Recently, I bought some new pans, in which I could bake doughnuts. To be very honest, I was not that sure at first if I would like the idea of baked doughnuts yet still it was worth a try, and now we are here. For my very first time I wanted to keep things simple and not experiment too much with the recipe. I looked around the internet for some inspiration, and there was quite a lot and I ended up being spoilt for choice.
After reading a dozen of recipes, I ended up trying to create a chocolate doughnut recipe. The recipe consists of chocolate doughnuts covered in white chocolate. As I wanted to be sure whether or not the recipe came out well, I took the doughnuts to my place of work so as to see how my coworkers would have reacted and whether these doughnuts would have been received in a positive way. Gladly, everyone seemed to have liked them and for the following couple of days I received a lot of compliments.Finally, here I am going to share this simple recipe with you all on this blog and hope that you will like it. If you have anything to say, feel free to comment. I look forward to hear your comments!
This recipe makes about 12 Doughnuts
For the doughnut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 250g white chocolate (melted)
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder, and mix everything.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients until you have a creamy consistency.
- Gently, start adding the wet mixture to the dry mixture until everything is combined together.
- Slightly grease the pan with butter.
- In a piping bag or by spooning, place the mixture into ¾ of the pan.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes, or until it is fully cooked from the inside. (Place a toothpick in the doughnut and when it comes out clean it means that it is cooked).
- Allow them to cool for few minutes in a pan before placing them on a cooling rack and let them rest until completely cooled.
- While the doughnuts rest, melt the chocolate.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled and the chocolate is prepared, you can start decorating the doughnuts by dipping them in the melted chocolate so that you have a nice cover of chocolate all over them.
- Place again on the cooling rack so that the extra chocolate falls off.
- Finally, sprinkle some sprinkles or any other topping you wish to decorate with.
- Let them cool a little more so that the chocolate sets.
The doughnuts preferably are to be enjoyed the same day of baking, but they stay quite moist for about two days after preparation if properly stored.